Mackay Slays Dirt Comp in Oz

3/19/10

On my last day in Australia after being there a month I was lucky enough to attend the King of Dirt contest in my hometown of Brisbane.It was a flash back from the old days for sure, with the line up of riders and old school Brisbane riders in the crowd. It was great to see some new faces in the Aussie scene as well and the future looks bright. Kids were riding really well in all classes. Chris Courtenay, Jake May, Dean Manson, little Alex, and David Girch to name a few.I got through qualifying and straight after it was the final which was 2 runs, best run counts. I laid down a first run that scored pretty good, I was stoked! The second run I messed up, but held onto my first score all the way until Guettler dropped in, and I waited his final run. (Guettler was shredding prelims with most of his scores in the 90's ) He dropped in and slammed real hard on his head but got up and shook it off, then they announced I had won! I was really happy for sure, the extra cash will help pay for all those pub meals and meat pies I ate in Oz.It was great to be able to attend such an event and thanks go out to Chris Bierton who makes it happen year after year and to Unit Clothing for putting this video together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home