Colin Mackay Checks in with TJ Ellis

5/21/10

TJ Ellis had an amazing 2009 season, then at the start of the new year things turned bad when TJ sustained a strange injury, he's been under the radar for a few months now so I hit him up to find out more...

CM: What happened to your Leg?

TJ: Pretty much when I went to Colombia on Jan 5th for Alejandro Caro's Dirt contest the second day of are trip he took us to his local trails and during the session I looped out flipping a step down then about 5 minutes later I looped out on a frontie, nothing had happened instantly then about two days later during a session my leg started getting super tight. My leg started out with small pains then stayed as my foot got weaker and weaker.
Long story short get home and see my doctor and find out I damaged the peroneal nerve in my right leg and that nerve controls the upward movement of my ankle and toes so I had dropfoot for about 8 weeks couldn't walk or lift my foot up until about 11 weeks ago and been doing a bunch of thearpy. I got about 60% of mobility back in my foot and it's getting stronger everday so pretty much I just gotta stay healthy through out the summer and should be good in no time!

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home